Wednesday 7 December 2011

Early morning

Today my day started quite early, woke up to the voice of a baby crying next door. My night was surprisingly very restless thanks to the aunty yelling at the middle of the night. Got ready and grabbed my Coffee and ran out of the house. As I settled into the backseat, ready for the long journey ahead, I stared outside the window and saw the city come to life. Everyone in a rush to get to their destinations on time... Kids standing by the side walk along with their parents wiring for their school vans... Men tapping along their steering wheels impatient to get the traffic going... An aunty or two adjusting their hair and humming along with the song. Everything was on the move...colourful and vibrant.
My long journey didn't feel that long anymore as I saw my universities red building come into view. After parking my car I walked into the admin department and all my hopes went down in a jiffy. The line was never ending, or so it seemed... The line wasn't the worst part... What could be worst? The person needed to get the line started was on a tea break. The kind of break which could take 2 minutes or 2 hours to end. My high spiritedness wasn't helping either. Anyways I found a seat alongside another fellow student who had been waiting for quit some time. Call it my luck or someone else's the admin person strolled into the building looking just as lethargic and bored as he always seemed to be...my turn finally came in what seemed like a decade... For some odd reason I felt my happy spirit creeping back, probably because now I knew that I was about to head out again and restart my visual treat...also grab a thing or two to eat as I was famished at this point. My rude back home was just as eventful as it wa in the morning. I got home with a sandwich in one hand and a water bottle in the other. This was my day...something was definitely in the air as my day continued with the same enthusiasm. It was a good day.

6 comments:

  1. hats off to you for describing a boring dull day as a "good" day! Someone is HIGH on optimism! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well written. I've always wanted to keep a diary or a log of this sort. The littlest of things are the ones that matter the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well good day Hira Jamil with the MBR sketch ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha @ farjads comments. btw its very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff. My favourite part was:

    "My 'rude' back home was just as eventful ..." xP

    ReplyDelete